CLOSE
CLOSE

Boiling Eggs In The Microwave Is One Of The Most Dangerous Things You Could Do

Let's just say there was an explosion.


  • Share:

Boiling Eggs In The Microwave Is One Of The Most Dangerous Things You Could Do
Boy, there seems to be a lot of news about explosions recently.

On Monday, an elderly man's apartment in Penang exploded when he lit up a cigarette in his home, not aware that it's filled with leaked gas.

The man reportedly suffered 80 per cent burns on his body because of the explosion, and he is said to be in a serious condition in the Penang Hospital.

Now, this story isn't as dramatic, but it is still painful.


A 22-year-old woman from Worcestershire, England learnt the hard and painful way to not boil eggs in the microwave when they exploded in her face.

Ouch!

According to a report by the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Bethany Rosser read from cooking website Delish that it’s perfectly OK to heat eggs in a bowl of water in a microwave, as long as salt was added to the water. 

The salt, the website stated, would prevent the egg from bursting.

Rosser followed the instructions on the website and heated the eggs in a microwave-safe one-liter jug of water. 

After heating the eggs for six minutes, as per the instructions, she reportedly removed the jug and let it cool. Alas, when she checked on the state of the eggs, they exploded in her face.


As a result, the poor woman reportedly sustained burns on her face and she was immediately rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham to treat the burns.

“It felt horrible, I was in total agony. I could feel my skin burning for hours afterward even while it was being treated in hospital,” Rosser was quoted as saying.

She also said that the vision on her right eye, which was left swollen after the incident, is still "very blurry".

Rosser puts the blame on the website’s instructions for the unfortunate accident. The website has reportedly since taken down the instructions.

The next time you're thinking of heating up eggs in the microwave, please don't. You could get hurt. 

  • Share:

Comments

Related Articles

Back to top