If you use cosmetics and make up on a daily basis, please practice caution especially when buying such products.
This is because the Ministry of Health (MOH) has found that seven beauty products that's currently being sold in the market contain mercury.
The seven products are:
- 3rd Series Yanko Fade Out Cream Day Cream
- 5th series Yanko Fade Out Cream Day Cream
- 7th Series Yanko Whitening Cream Day by Lurveya Sdn Bhd
- Fjura Face Polish Treatment from Thefjura Marketing
- Dnars Golden Cream by Rohban Trade Sdn Bhd
- Glow Glowing N Glowing by Qalbu Ocean Enterprise
- Apple Diamond Day Loose by Glowing Expert Apple Diamond
According to Bernama
, quoting a statement from Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, traders and distributors selling the listed products should immediately stop the sale of the products or face action under the Control of Drugs and Cosmetics Regulations 1984.
Dr Noor Hisham said mercury is harmful to health as it absorbs through the skin and causes damage to the kidney and nervous system.
“It can also affect the brain development of young children, as well as unborn babies.
“Mercury can also cause rashes, irritation and other skin disorders,” he said.
Dr Noor Hisham also has asked those who have used the products and have been experiencing health issues to seek further advice from healthcare professionals.
Girls, if you've been using any of these products, it's best to throw them away and get yourself checked. Boys, it's time to roll out your credit card to buy new ones for your S/O.