In this time and age, many people are grateful for the existence of e-hailing services which, to be honest, make transit so much more convenient.
We are sure many of you agree that such services save you time, as you no longer have to wait for buses and trains. But do you know that there are so many e-hailing services out there, and not just limited to the familiar Grab and MyTeksi?
According to a report by the Malay Mail Online
, the Land Public Transport Agency (APAD) has recently published the list of e-hailing companies that have been given the approval to provide their ride-sharing services to Malaysians beginning 25 July.
And guess what? There are a total of 31 e-hailing companies
with their own apps in the list:
- Big Blue Customer (Big Blue Capital (M) Sdn Bhd)
- Taxi Go (Cab Mmobility Sdn Bhd)
- DOB (DB Network Sdn Bhd)
- Dacsee (DMD Technology Sdn Bhd)
- EZCab (EZCab Sdn Bhd), Faszz (Faszz Technology (M) Sdn Bhd)
- Cioaz (Ideal Technology Advancement Sdn Bhd)
- Mula (Mula Car (M) Sdn Bhd)
- Che (My Leisure Tour & Travel Sdn Bhd)
- PicknGo (Pick n Go Sdn Bhd)
- MyCar (Platform Apps Sdn Bhd)
- MyGo (Sackz Exclusive Sdn Bhd)
- JomRides (USGA (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd)
- Frenzt (Wekaotim Sdn Bhd)
- ZeppOn (Zepp On Sdn Bhd)
- UNID (Cubiqsoft Sdn Bhd)
- Drivegth WeweJourney (Global Transportation Network Sdn Bhd)
- Linkz (Pure Ride Sdn Bhd)
- Diffride (Diff Global Solutions Sdn Bhd)
- Get Car (Powerful Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd)
- Tutucars (Tutucars Sdn Bhd)
- Eazi Car (Eazi Car Sdn Bhd)
- Texspo (Texspo Technology Sdn Bhd)
- Kwikride (Kwikride Sdn Bhd)
- Firecab (H2H Eservices Sdn Bhd)
- Ridez (Vertec Technology Solution Sdn Bhd)
- Eevom (Eevom Sdn Bhd)
- My2sg (Travelers Tours Malaysia Sdn Bhd)
- Mann Go (Mann Ventures Sdn Bhd)
- Nucar (Neo Urban Consolidated Sdn Bhd)
Phew, that's a long list!
In the frequently asked questions section in APAD’s website, it explained that e-hailing services in Malaysia has to be regulated to ensure quality service, including in terms of safety, and to create a level-playing field between e-hailing services and taxi services.
So guys, you have plenty of choices available to choose from when it comes to e-hailing services. The problem now is, which one should we use? Decision, decision.