Driving into Kuala Lumpur can be a hassle at times because of the unbearable traffic congestion in the city.
And when there’s any events in KL, often times some roads will be cordoned off or closed to the public – adding to your driving woes.
Speaking of events, Le Tour de Langkawi will be taking place in KL soon. So, if you’re planning to go to head there on 6 April, do take note of these road closures.
City Traffic Investigation and Enforcement Department chief Asst Comm Zulkefly Yahya said an early road diversion would occur along Jalan Ampang (in front of KLCC) from 11pm starting 5 April (Friday).
“The diversion of the road is needed to make way for logistics and technical preparations for the race. Traffic policemen will be on hand to facilitate traffic in the area,” ACP Zulkefly told The Star
A total of 13 roads will be closed temporarily and diverted in stages from 11am on 6 April
until the event ends.
The affected roads are:
1. Jalan Tun Razak/ Jalan Ampang
2. Jalan Yap Kwan Seng/ Jalan Ampang
3. Jalan Pinang/ Jalan P. Ramlee
4. Jalan Ampang/ Jalan Sultan Ismail
5. Jalan Sultan Ismail/ Jalan Raja Abdullah
6. Jalan Raja Laut/ Jalan Sultan Ismail
7. Jalan Kuching/ Susur Jalan Tun Razak
8. Bulatan Dato Onn/ Jalan Kinabalu
9. Bulatan Sungai Besi (Kajang bound)
10.Bulatan HUKM (Kajang bound)
11. Bulatan Billion heading to Bulatan Kuari
12. MRR2/Bulatan Kuari
13. Jalan 1/Jalan Kuari
ACP Zulkefly also recommended those who plan to drive to the city centre to take the public transportation instead.
Take note guys, you don't want to be caught in traffic!