Cyclists and sports enthusiasts, we’ve got great news for you! You can now bring your full-sized bicycles on board the Rapid KL LRT.
Those who wish to do so can bring your bicycles via the Kelana Jaya
, Sri Petaling
line, but only from 6am to 10am
on the first and third Sunday of each month
as part of the 'Bike and Ride'
The programme also coincides with the KL Car Free Morning (KLCFM) programme.
“We sincerely hope more cyclists will respond to this programme, as we are strong supporters of a healthy lifestyle amongst Malaysians,” Rapid Rail Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Zohari Sulaiman told the New Straits Times
Here's the good news: no extra charges
will be imposed on riders bringing full-sized or foldable bicycles.
However, the good news also comes with a few rules and regulations.
Passengers with bicycles must adhere to these rules:
- They must enter from specific doors at each station and for cyclists taking the Kelana Jaya line, they are only allowed to board the four-car trains and not the two-car trains.
- The bicycles must be clean and free of mud and grease.
- Bicycles cannot be ridden inside the train or stations at any time of the day.
- Those who obstruct the way or cause any inconvenience will be denied entry.
- You will be responsible for any damaged caused by the bicycle.
To read the full guide, click here
Zohari also said that if the response from the public is good, they are “ready to extend the programme further.”
Currenly, Rapid KL LRT only allows foldable bicycles on board their trains during off-peak periods on other days.