Normally, we don't like the idea of stepping out of the house cashless because everything
requires money these days.
But in modern terms, the existence of e-wallets have made our lives more convenient by enabling us to make payments without taking out our wallets.
We know of people who can go about their day without carrying their wallets around! Of course, that would depend on whether the places you go accept payment via digital wallets.
In conjunction with the holy month of Ramadan, Touch 'n Go (TnG) has decided to put their own eWallet
to good use.
Starting 6 May, TnG's eWallet will be taking over Kampong Bahru
in the first ever 'Kampong Kashless Ramadan Bazaar'
There will be more than 400 stalls
with a delicious range of flavours available to help you prepare for buka puasa
, and you can simply pay for your food and drinks using the eWallet.
Besides that, you can also earn rewards and cashbacks
when you pay with your eWallet.
Find out more about all the activities happening here throughout the month of Ramadan here:
- ‘Ketupat Runtuh’: Make a purchase using the eWallet at the bazaar or at over 50,000 merchants and stand a chance to win cashbacks worth up to RM1,000,000.
- ‘Kucing Kashless Rekomen’: Weekly update through the eWallet app of the Top 10 food picks and happenings at the bazaar.
- ‘Katch Kucing Kashless’: Be the fastest person to spot five of the hidden ‘Kucing’ at the bazaar, take a selfie and upload on Facebook. Be sure to tag the Touch ‘n Go eWallet’s Facebook page and include these hashtags to win prizes: #KatchKucing #rayasempoitng #rayasempoi #tngewallet.
- ‘Siapa Yang Best!’: Vote for your favorite stall at the bazaar using the eWallet app. The stall with the most votes will be featured on the Touch ‘n Go eWallet Facebook page every week.
- ‘Hadiah Extra Sempoi’ – Grab great deals and exclusive merchandise from as low as RM2 at the Touch ‘n Go eWallet booth at the bazaar.
- Buka puasa with Alif Satar on 11 May and Nabila Razali on 18 May.
In the spirit of giving back, visitors of Masjid Jamek Kampong Bahru can make a donation by using the eWallet to scan the QR codes displayed at the mosque.
You can also break fast with everyone else at the Halaman Sempoi located at Sultan Sulaiman Club's compound right in the middle of the bazaar.
Halaman Sempoi will be open daily from 3pm onwards throughout this bazaar period.
Believing that no one deserves to go hungry, Touch ‘n Go eWallet will also partner with Kechara Soup Kitchen to distribute excess food from the bazaar to those in need.
If you plan to visit the Kampong Kashless Ramadan Bazaar, help reduce waste by bringing your own food and water container, as well as recycling bags.
For more information about the bazaar, visit this website