How has a nasi lemak festival in Malaysia gone unnoticed for so long? What started in 2013 with just 10 vendors of nasi lemak has grown to a 40-strong hall of different variations of nasi lemak from the Klang Valley, Penang, Ipoh, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, and Johor.
Here's what you need to know about it:
1. Entrance is free but you need to buy coupons. One booklet is RM10 and contains five coupons for food and drinks. Like Hari Kantin all over again.
2. The coupons can be bought on-site or at I Eat Nasi Lemak Hero locations. The heroes are the nasi lemak vendors, for example Village Park.
3. All the vendors will serve a smaller portion of their dish so that you can enjoy more nasi lemak from more vendors without feeling guilty.
4. I Eat Nasi Lemak will be held at TM Convention Centre, Menara Telekom Malaysia, Jalan Pantai Baharu. It's a three-minute walk from the Kerinchi LRT station and parking is FREE at TMCC.
5. The event will be held on Saturday, 5th November, from 10am to 5pm.
Watch the video below to see what happened last year:
Bawa bertenang dan makan nasi lemak!