In conjunction with Malaysia’s upcoming Independence Day, Astro and NJOI will be screening over 40 Malaysian box office movies and Malaysian documentaries for free for all customers through the Malaysiaku channel (Astro CH 700).
Through the Malaysiaku campaign, Astro showcases the variety of cultures in Malaysia and the importance of remembering our roots and heritage through the specially picked documentaries.
Among the films that you can catch on Malaysiaku for free are masterpieces from the late Tan Sri Dr. P. Ramlee and the late Yasmin Ahmad, and blockbuster films that took Malaysia’s box office by storm such as ‘Paskal’, ‘Polis Evo 1 & 2’, ‘Munafik 1& 2’, ‘Ola Bola’, ‘The Journey’, and ‘Hantu Kak Limah’.
Astro and NJOI customers will also get the chance to enjoy the latest documentaries about our country ranging from politics, sports, and so much more such as:
1) ‘Tun Dr. Mahathir: Perjuangan Belum Selesai’, a documentary reliving the historical 2018 Malaysian General Election.
2) ‘Road to Nationhood - Serve & Smash: The Thomas Cup 1992’, about Malaysia’s road to badminton glory in 1992.
3) ‘Sapok Biki: The Iban Boxer,’ a story about putting Malaysia on the international map for boxing.
4) ‘Tiger Resurrected - The Suzuki Cup 2010’, reliving the electrifying atmosphere as Malaysia faced off against Indonesia in the Suzuki Cup finals.
5) ‘At The Equator, We Sing’, travel back in time to revisit 50 years of Malaysian Chinese pop music and learn its industry’s challenges.
Not forgetting the children of tomorrow, kids will also be treated to a marathon screening of ‘Upin & Ipin’ for three days in a row and ‘Wizards of Warna Walk’.
As a token of appreciation to all customers, Astro is offering free preview of its channels on TV, ‘On Demand’, and Astro Go from 30 August to 17 September 2019.