The post-mortem examination on the remains of Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin is taking longer than expected.
Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusof said as of 8pm Wednesday (14 August), the post-mortem has still not been concluded.
“Until now the postmortem is not completed. They’re still performing the post-mortem,” he said in a press conference held at the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital in Seremban.
Mohamad said because of the unexpected delay, the press conference to announce the result of the post mortem will be postponed to tomorrow at a time that will be determined later.
The post-mortem examination is being conducted by the senior pathology team from Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL), who arrived at the hospital at around 9.06am, according to a report by The New Straits Times
The press conference to announce the findings was initially scheduled to take place at 5pm, but it was later postponed to 8pm.
Nora Anne’s unclothed body was found on Tuesday (13 August) by a search and rescue team in a stream at Pantai Hills some 2.5km from the resort where her family were staying.
Her remains had to be hoisted up by a helicopter and taken to the hospital for post-mortem.
Nora, who had learning disabilities, had apparently checked into the property with her parents Sebastian Marie Philipe and Meabh Jaseprine Quoirin and siblings Innes Julia and Maurice Arthure on 3 August.
The 15-year-old went missing the following morning when she was not found in her room she shared with her siblings.
The only evidence that she left the room was an open window that could only be opened from the inside.
Police previously classified the case as a missing persons case but have not ruled out foul play just yet.
Condolences are pouring in from various parties, including local ministers, over the tragic incident. Stay strong, Nora Anne's family.