Taking matters into your own hands is not the wisest thing to do. But vigilantes think otherwise.
A vigilante is a self-appointed citizen or group of civilians that take law enforcement into their own hands without legal authority.
Most of the time, they do this to seek revenge and justice because they think that the actual authorities are not doing a good enough job.
Some of the most popular vigilantes portrayed in film over the years include Batman, John Wick, Hamlet, Zorro, Gladiator and many more.
Whether or not you agree with the actions of vigilantes, we can't deny a good action movie. So if you're a fan, there is another vigilante-themed movie coming up this March, Death Wish.
Starring veteran action star Bruce Willis, Death Wish
is about a surgeon who becomes a vigilante after robbers broke into his home, murdered his wife and brutally attacked his daughter.
In his day job, Dr. Paul Kersey is used to seeing the consequences of the city's violence in the emergency room.
When these criminal acts hit home, he becomes obsessed with pursuing justice on his own.
Soon, Kersey's anonymous killings began to grab attention and people start to wonder whether he is a guardian angel or the grim reaper.
Now, if the story sounds familiar to you, Death Wish
is actually a remake of the 1974 film of the same name, which starred Charles Bronson as the lead. The only difference between both roles is that the latter played an architect instead.
We'll let the official trailer speak for itself:
opens in theatres nationwide on 1 March 2018.
But if you can't wait any longer for some vigilante action, TGV Pictures is giving you a chance to catch the movie one day earlier before everyone else and we have 10 pairs of screening tickets to give away
All you have to do is answer two simple questions and complete the slogan below to stand a chance to watch the screening on 28 February 2018.
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing date: 27 February 2018.
- This contest is open to residents of Malaysia only.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained. The publisher reserves the right to replace the prizes published here with other prizes of equivalent value.
- Winners will be notified via email/mail/phone.
- Details provided will become the property of MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd and may be used for future marketing purposes.
- Click here to read the privacy notice.